Thursday, February 14, 2008

Letters Home From The Garden Of Stone

Everlast's latest song "Letters Home From The Garden Of Stone" is incredibly powerful, it almost chokes me up some.



I think it goes beyond the simple antiwar/prowar dichotomy.

Who you think i should be fighting
Mom are you proud are you ashamed
I really am trying to do the right thing
I hope my government can say the same

cause I won't know the man that kills me
and I don't know these man that I kill
We all wind up on the same side
cause not one of us doing God's will


Similarly, Serj Tankian's song "Empty Walls" is stirring. Falling more on the antiwar side, the power of Empty Walls comes in its video. The use of children to simulate the "global war on terrorism" is incredibly provocative and powerful. The scene with the Marines at the end of the video, while necessary, could have been done in better taste. But then again that was the point of it....the tasteless reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.